Sexuality is an inherent, essential, and beneficial part of being human”
ASSECT’s Vision of Sexual Health
My core belief is that human sexuality is a fundamental component of overall health and well-being. Sex therapy is a specialization of psychotherapy that addresses sexual health concerns for individuals and/or relationships.request an appointment
Some concerns that I address are:
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- Mismatched sexual desire
- Rekindling sexual desire
- Addressing what is ‘problematic’ regarding your sexual thoughts/urges/behavior.
- Gender Identity & Sexual Orientation questions: How do you self-identify?
- Mixed Orientation Relationships
- Ethical Non-Monogamy (ENM) / Consensual Non-Monogamy (CNM)
- Erotic Conflicts
- Painful Sex / Sexual Dysfunction: Erectile Dysfunction, Vaginismus, Dyspareunia, etc.
- Assessing when a sexual health concern is a medical issue that needs to be referred to a medical doctor who specializes in sexual medicine.
One area of sexual health in which I specialize is Out of Control Sexual Behavior (OCSB) psychotherapy groups. OCSB is defined as “a sexual problem of consensual sexual urges, thoughts, or behaviors that feel out of control for the individual.”