My core belief is that human sexuality is a fundamental component of overall health and well-being. Sex therapy is a specialization of psychotherapy that addresses sexual health concerns for individuals and/or couples. I, therefore, adhere to the mission and vision of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT), which “affirms the fundamental value of sexuality as an inherent, essential, and beneficial dimension of being human.”
One area of sexual health in which I am specializing is Out of Control Sexual Behavior (OCBS) and am being supervised by Doug Harvey-Braun one of the leading experts of this model. OCBS is defined as “a sexual problem of consensual sexual urges, thoughts, or behaviors that feel out of control for the individual.”
I feel privileged to treat the following issues – and if you don’t see your particular sexual health issue, I am confident that I have the expertise and the curiosity to help you:
- Delayed ejaculation
- Difficulty having an orgasm
- Early (premature) ejaculation
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Fetishes (Kink friendly)
- Infidelity: helping couples decides (through self-determination) whether to repair and revision the relationship or painfully leave the marriage.
- Issues related to gender identity and expression
- Issues related to sexual expression and desires
- Non-Monogamy relationships
- Sexual compulsions/Out of control sexual behaviors
- Sexual orientation issues in marriage (m ixed orientation marriages, coming out, etc.)
- Unmatched sexual desire in relationships
I work collaboratively with other sexual health providers – urologists, gynecologists, pelvic floor specialists, etc. – to ensure that sexual health concerns are treated holistically from medical, psychological and relational/systemic perspectives.